Install iSpyConnect on your own web server
You can now offer ispy as a hosted service for your customers and provide the ispyconnect service via your own website with your own SMTP, SMS and Twitter services.
IMPORTANT: iSpyCentral is targeted for use in managed security installations or corporate environments and is not suitable for home use. There is a 7 day trial period.
After the 7 day trial period you will need to license iSpyCentral to continue using it. A perpetual license costs USD $275.00 per instance (connection) of iSpy. To purchase a license see the licensing tab in iSpyCentral.
One ispy connection means one instance of ispy connected to the server. You can use the invite and access controls to add as many accounts onto that one ispy instance as it can handle. For example - one ispy instance could handle maybe 10 peoples cameras - all those people can connect to ispycentral under their own logins and view their cameras but you will need additional license to add more ispy instances.
There are a few steps to setting this up:
- Download the latest version of iSpy
- Download the rebrander app.
- Add a line to the rebrander configuration:
Where http://yourwebsite.com is where you will be running the new version of ispycentral, for example http://192.168.1.10
- Run the rebrander on the latest ispy installer (.msi) and use the generated installer to install ispy.
- Download the iSpyCentral website
- Install Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0
- Install that under IIS and make sure it's running under the same site you configured above (yourwebsite.com). Important: Do not run it under a virtual directory.
- Install the IIS URL Rewrite extension
- Check the application pool it is using in IIS is set to the .Net Framework v4
- You may need to set the database in App_Data/db.sdf permissions to full control for Everyone
- Using the new website go in and create a new account - the first account you create will have admin privileges. You can then go in and setup SMTP/ Twitter/ SMS etc under the configuration tab.
- You will then need to license it for use - see the Licensing tab. You can get a free 7 day trial license through that which is good for one connection. One connection is one instance of ispy connected to it. There is no limit on the number of people that can access that one connection.
- Finally enter your account details into the web settings panel in iSpy and click finish - it should connect and sync with iSpyCentral
This includes both the main viewer application and the mobile web interfaces for iphone/ipad/android/windows phone 8 (under /mobile/)
You can edit the URL of the webserver to use by modifying the custom.txt file here: