Stream live to YouTube, Twitch, or any RTMP provider. Optionally embed the video in your website. Note: RTMP push requires a subscription or a business license.
Agent supports simultaneous streaming to multiple RTMP endpoints. To add an RTMP server click on Server Menu, Settings (under Configuration) - select "RTMP Streaming" in the menu and Add a new server. You can control the resolution using the Size dropdown and the bitrate using the Quality slider. If your stream is buffering frequently then try reducing the size or the quality or both to get smooth playback.
- 1: Log into YouTube and visit YouTube Live Dashboard.
- 2: Create a new Live Stream and note the Server URL and Stream name/key.
- 3: In Agent DVR, access your Server settings and navigate to the "Streaming" tab. Enter the URL and Stream Key from YouTube.
- 4: Adjust streaming duration if needed (default is 900 seconds).
- 5: To embed this in your website, right-click on the YouTube live player and select "Copy embed code" to get the HTML for your webpage.
After these steps, start streaming live to your site.
Click the Server menu and RTMP Streaming in the System menu. Click the "..." button next to your RTMP server entry to configure the device or view to live stream. The stream to your RTMP platform should start. Give it a few seconds to buffer.
Edit a device and set the RTMP server to use under the RTMP tab. Select the Schedule tab and click to configure the Schedule. Add a schedule command "RTMP Streaming Start" and set the times and days. Then add an "RTMP Streaming Stop" command.
To setup scheduled view streaming it's a bit more complicated. You will need to add an Action to a device and then schedule a call to that action:
- 1:After adding the RTMP server, go to http://localhost:8090/q.json?cmd=getstreamingstatus and copy the ident of the RTMP server you want to use (excluding the quotes)
- 2: Add an action to the device with If: None, then: Call URL, URL: http://localhost:8090/q.json?cmd=start-rtmp-view&ident=ident&ind=0 where ind is the index of the view you want to stream (from 0-8)
- 3: Add a schedule entry in the device scheduler for "Action: Run" and select the action you just created.
You can add another action/ schedule entry to stop using the URL http://localhost:8090/q.json?cmd=stop-rtmp&ident=ident. Make sure the schedule is enabled on the General tab.
You could also use curl.exe to make these API calls