Source Types for microphones are set up in the General tab when editing microphones. This section is where you manage the connection settings for your microphone, ensuring proper communication between the microphone and Agent.
The Camera source type is utilized when the camera's media stream (typically RTSP) includes an audio track, and Agent has automatically created a corresponding microphone control for it. This source type is not editable, as it is configured based on the audio component of the camera's media stream.
The Clone source type enables you to duplicate the audio from an existing device into a new one. This allows for separate sound processing, recording rules, and alerts to be applied to the new device without impacting the original. It's important to note that if the original device is disabled, the clone will lose its audio connection.
- Microphone: Select the device you wish to clone.
This option allows you to stream audio from iSpyServer, a feature of the iSpy software that facilitates local and remote streaming.
- URL: Enter the URL for the audio stream from iSpyServer. For example: http://192.168.1.20:9000/
Connect to USB microphones or other local hardware audio sources using this option.
- Device: Select from the list of detected local audio devices and choose the desired bitrate for your audio source.
Stream audio from an MP3 network source using this option.
- URL: Enter the URL to the MP3 audio stream. For example: http://192.168.1.20/livestream.mp3
Stream audio from either a local file or a network audio source using this option.
- File/ URL: Enter the file path or URL from which to stream audio. Examples include http://192.168.1.20/livestream.mp3 or D:\test.mp3
- Analyse Duration: Specify the duration for FFMPEG to analyze the streams to determine the best codecs and streams. A value of 0 means the decision is made automatically.
- Decoder: Choose between FFMPEG or VLC (if VLC is installed).
- Options: Input any additional FFMPEG options as required.
For Windows users, this option allows for the integration of Wasapi audio devices.
- Device: Select the desired Wasapi device from the available options.
This option allows you to connect to a Wave (.wav) network audio source.
- URL: Enter the URL to the audio stream.
- Sample Rate: Specify the sample rate of the audio.
- Channels: Define the number of audio channels in the stream.