To access Live View, click on the view menu in the top bar and select the Live View icon.
The live view is your window to real-time streams from your devices. Set up multiple live views in Agent DVR and add any devices you like. Agent intelligently arranges your devices for optimal viewing on any screen.
The live view has markers to show device state and recording status:
- Blue border on left and bottom - Indicates the selected device. Controls on the bottom left apply to this device.
- Red "REC" symbol at top right - The device is recording.
- Red flashing border at top and right - The device is in an alert state.
- Orange flashing border at top and right - Motion has been detected by the device.
You can turn Icons on in the Account Menu - UI Settings. Icons will then be displayed at the bottom left of each device showing their state (recording, alerts enabled, motion detection enabled, schedule enabled)
The live view includes icons at the bottom for controlling the selected device and the view. Left buttons control the active device, right buttons control the view. Tool-tips explain each button's function and shortcuts.
Device control buttons include:
- Power on/off the device.
- Edit the device.
- Start/Stop manual recording.
- Take a photo.
- Trigger a manual alert.
- Open tasks for the device.
- Go to device recordings.
- Go to device photos.
- Playback last 20 seconds from recording.
View control buttons include:
- Open volume control.
- Edit the view.
- Start/Stop playback of live view.
- Open views menu.
- Start/Stop talk.
- Show/Hide PTZ controller.
- Show PTZ presets.
- Previous view.
- Next view.
Click the views icon at the bottom right to open the views menu. Each view shows a preview of the associated layout. To switch to a specific view, simply click on its button. Setting Cycle to a number like 3 lets Agent automatically rotate through views with devices every 3 seconds. Default View determines the first view shown when you open the browser.
✏️ To edit a view (add devices, rename, change layout, etc.), click the edit icon at the bottom right.
⬅️➡️ Manually cycle through your views in the live screen using the left and right arrows. Note: these controls only show views with added devices.
🔧 For detailed information on using and customizing layouts, check out our layouts guide.
Click on the icon to show/hide the PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) controller. Select a device in the live view, and then use the PTZ controller to operate it. Ensure PTZ is configured on your device – edit the device and see PTZ for setup instructions.
Agent DVR offers 2 different PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) controller options. To choose your preferred style, head over to the Account Menu and select UI Settings.
- 🖱️ Click and drag on the control's background to move it around the live viewer.
- 🕹️ Use the round joystick controls by clicking and dragging with the mouse or using touch gestures to control your camera’s PTZ.
- ⌨️ With the PTZ controller displayed, use numpad arrow keys and numpad +/- for zoom adjustments.
- 🔵 Click or tap the blue arrows or + / - on the zoom control for incremental movements.
- 🖱️ Middle-click to show/hide the PTZ control.
- 🔍 For digital PTZ, use the mouse wheel or pinch and swipe gestures on touch devices to zoom. When zoomed in, click and drag to navigate the zoomed area.
Starting from version 188.8.131.52, Agent DVR supports PTZ control via gamepad. Note that for local usage using a GamePad you may need to setup SSL: