Agent uses motion detection to generate alerts. Alert events are then filtered and processed according to the settings you have on the Alerts tab when you edit a device. To get to the Alerts settings, edit a device and select Alerts in the menu.
Agent can record video on Alert or on Motion Detection. To cut down on the number of recordings you should set the Recording Mode on the Recording tab to "Alert" and then use the settings below to configure how Agent raises alerts.
There is a master switch in Agent for arming and disarming the system. The top left Icon shows a symbol if Agent is armed and a symbol if Agent is disarmed. Click the symbol to toggle.
If Agent is disarmed no Alerts will fire - you will also see a warning about Agent being disarmed when you login.
- Enabled: This turns Alerts on or off for a device
- Mode: Select from Detected or Not Detected. You can trigger an alert when motion is detected (or another detector like a trip wire detects an object crossing it). You can also trigger an alert when the detector is not detecting movement for example if you are monitoring machinery and it stops working. Use None if you only want to record manually or via a schedule.
- Detection Delay: The amount of time in seconds of the detector firing before triggering an alert.
- Not detected alert delay: The amount of time in seconds of the detector not firing before triggering an alert.
- Messaging: This enables or disables messaging actions like Email, SMS or Twitter messages (which you need to configure on the Actions tab).
- Push Alerts: This includes or excludes the device from Push alerts (real time notifications to mobile devices - requires an install of the Agent DVR app from the app store). See the account menu and Notifications to opt in to push alerts.
The intelligent filter uses DeepStack AI to scan the frames when Agent detects motion and look for specific objects like people, cars, dogs etc. If it doesn't recognise anything in the provided list it ignores the alert.
- Enabled: Switch AI Filtering on or off. You can also do this via the Schedule
- Configure...: Click this to configure DeepStack AI
- Minimum Interval: This sets the minimum amount of time between alert events. For example if this is 60 no matter what happens Agent won't generate another alert for this device for 1 minute after the last alert.
- Group and Reset Interval: Specify a group name here like Outside and use the same group name on other devices. If any device with that group name generates an alert then agent will ignore alerts from all other devices in the group for the Reset Interval.