Agent uses motion detection to generate alerts. Alert events are then filtered and processed according to the settings you have on the Alerts tab when you edit a device. To get to the Alerts settings, edit a device and select Alerts in the menu.
Agent can record video on Alert or on Motion Detection. To cut down on the number of recordings you should set the Recording Mode on the Recording tab to "Alert" and then use the settings below to configure how Agent raises alerts.
There is a master switch in Agent for arming and disarming the system. The top left Icon shows a symbol if Agent is armed and a symbol if Agent is disarmed. Click the symbol to toggle.
Tip: If you are using trip wires to trigger alerts and alerts are not being triggered, check that the Alert setting is not set to "None"
- Enabled: This turns Alerts on or off for a device
- Mode: Select from Detected or Not Detected. You can trigger an alert when motion is detected (or another detector like a trip wire detects an object crossing it). You can also trigger an alert when the detector is not detecting movement for example if you are monitoring machinery and it stops working. Use None if you only want to record manually or via a schedule.
- Zone: Choose which zone to use to trigger alerts. Motion detected outside of this zone won't trigger alerts but can trigger recordings (This only works with tracking detectors, not the simple detector). Motion zones are also used when calling DeepStack. If DeepStack detects an object that you are looking for but it is not located in the Alert zone then it will not trigger an alert. This is useful if you want to ignore cars parked in your driveway for example but not driving up the street.
- Detection Delay: The amount of time in seconds of the detector firing before triggering an alert.
- Not detected alert delay: The amount of time in seconds of the detector not firing before triggering an alert.
- Messaging: This enables or disables messaging actions like Email, SMS or Twitter messages (which you need to configure on the Actions tab).
- Push Alerts: This includes or excludes the device from Push alerts (real time notifications - IFTTT, Telegram or Mobile Push (requires app)). See the account menu and Notifications to opt in to mobile push alerts.
This uses DeepStack AI to scan the frames when Agent detects motion and look for specific objects like people, cars, dogs etc. If it doesn't recognise anything in the provided list it ignores the alert (unless it's a manual alert).
- Enabled: Switch AI Filtering on or off. You can also do this via the Schedule
- Configure...: Click this to configure DeepStack AI
- Minimum Interval: This sets the minimum amount of time between alert events. For example if this is 60 no matter what happens Agent won't generate another alert for this device for 1 minute after the last alert.
- Group and Reset Interval: Specify a group name here like Outside and use the same group name on other devices. If any device with that group name generates an alert then agent will ignore alerts from all other devices in the group for the Reset Interval.
You can also trigger alerts manually. To trigger a manual alert for a device, click on the device on the Live view and then click on the icon at bottom left.
Manual alerts will trigger recordings if the recording mode is set to Alert. If you want to add actions to a manual alert you will need to use the "Manual Alert" event instead of the "Alert" event.
As Agent generates alerts or you generate manual alerts you'll notice a counter increase at the top right of the Agent UI. This is the system alert counter. Click on it to show a summary of alert events:
Agent generates thumbnails for each event (when available). Click the thumbnail to show the image Agent captured in a larger window. To acknowledge an alert click on the text of the alert - Agent will switch to the timeline view to give you context of the event with any other recordings in the system. The timeline will be navigated to just before the event took place. If there is a recording available you can click on it in the Agent UI and playback will start at the point the alert was generated.
Click the bin icon to delete all alerts or each alert individually. Click the icon button in the top bar to close the alerts panel.
The icon on the alert panel tells you if this alert was manual , generated by Agent or generated by DeepStack .