Layouts control which devices show where on the live view. There are 9 available views in Agent and each view can be configured with a layout. To select a view click on the icon at the bottom right.
With a view selected you can then click on the icon at bottom right of the live viewer to configure it
- Name: Give your view a friendly Name, for example "Outside Cameras"
- Layout: Choose a layout in the drop down. We have provided a few layouts but you can also make your own.
- Selected Device: Choose a Device to select when this view is loaded
- Auto Filter: With this checked, Recordings, Photos and Timeline controls will only show content from the selected device (ignoring any other filters you have applied). With this option off it will apply the regular device filters you configure.
With the layout chosen you can start adding devices to the various layout slots. The slots are color coded with a border color to signify the type of slot:
- Red border - Alert Slot: This slot will display devices that are in an Alert state. It will cycle through them if there are multiple.
- Blue border - Motion Slot: This slot will display devices that have detected motion. It will cycle through them if there are multiple.
- Green border - Grid Slot: This slot will display devices laid out in a grid. The grid automatically adjusts to maximise the space available for the cameras.
- Orange border - Interval Slot: This slot can contain as many devices as you like. It will cycle through them if there are multiple.
- Purple border - Control Slot: This slot displays other controls, like the recordings browser, flooplans or timeline. Devices you add to these slots will filter the content. If these slots have no devices added then all content will be shown. You can only add one control slot of each type to a layout.
- Main Display: This slot displays the currently selected device. You cannot add devices to this slot.
To add devices to a slot, click on the icon in the slot. This will open up the slot configuration control.
Configuring a slot:
Drag and drop the devices you want to include in this slot from the left column to the right. You can reorder the devices in the right hand column to adjust the order they display in on the live viewer.
You can also add a new device from this panel and it will automatically be included in this slot.
Use the controls at the bottom to move all devices into or out of a slot.
You can create your own layouts in Agent. To do this go to Server menu - Settings - Layouts. From here you can add/ edit/ delete layouts.
Click to add a new layout
Use the icon to add slots to your layout. (You add devices to slots later via the live viewer).
Click and drag the slots with the control. Resize them with and edit them with .
Clicking to add or edit a slot will give you the slot configuration control:
- Slot Type: Choose a slot type - these options are described above.
- Interval: If a slot contains multiple devices this controls the delay (in seconds) between swapping devices (does not apply to Grid)
- Optimise AR: The grid control lays out devices optimised for space but weighted for 16:9 aspect ratio cameras. You can modify this here to optimise to a different aspect ratio. 16:9 cameras should use 1.778 and 4:3 cameras should use 1.333
- Skip Offline: This will remove any controls from the slot that are not online (does not apply to the Grid view).
Configure your slot and click OK. You can also click Delete to remove the slot.
Click OK to save your layout. To use your new layout go to the live viewer and click on the icon at the bottom right. Select your new layout name there in the drop down to apply it.
Saving and loading layouts
Use the Server menu - Backup/ Restore option to export and import your layouts.